Sometimes when connecting an RSS feed as a source to your Collection, you may receive an error.
These messages are listed below the Last Checked and Last Published time stamps for each RSS feed within a Collection's Sources List. You can review this list at any time by clicking on the collection dropdown, selecting the Edit option, and then clicking the Sources menu within the Edit Collection dialog box.
What do these error messages mean?
- The RSS feed provided redirected too many times. - The URL provided directs to other URLs, causing the request for article to time out. Please delete this feed and update with the source RSS feed found at the final URL.
- The RSS feed could not be parsed, possibly causing formatting issues with returned articles. - UpContent was able to access the RSS feed, but the formatting of the articles within the feed was unexpected - possibly leading to issues with the formatting of the article within UpContent's full text view, and ability to properly score the article against sorting and filtering features of UpContent. No action is needed.
- The RSS feed encountered an error, possibly causing formatting issues with returned articles. - Similar to the above, an error occurred when trying to retrieve the articles from the RSS feed. As a result, there may be issues with the formatting of the article within UpContent's full text view, and ability to properly score the article against sorting and filtering features of UpContent. No action is needed.
- The RSS feed began processing, but took too long. It will resume, shortly. - Likely due to the responsiveness of the publisher's site or their restrictions on how the serve their RSS feed or included content, UpContent was receiving a slow response. No action is needed as UpContent will continue to retrieve articles - but it may take longer than normal.
- The RSS feed no longer exists, is down, or does not allow automated access. - UpContent received an error from the domain of the RSS feed URL provided. Please verify that the URL entered is accurate and correct to a valid RSS feed URL.
- None of the articles could be processed/found. - UpContent was able to review the RSS feed URL provided, but it was empty or the publisher provided an error when trying to retrieve the articles listed in the feed. If the feed is expected to be empty at this time, no action is needed, as UpContent will continue to check periodically for new content.
- An unknown error occurred when processing this RSS feed. - An error occurred when trying to process the RSS feed URL provided and/or retrieve the articles listed. Please contact us for further assistance.