Manage the curated articles provided to your employee advocates across each of your Hootsuite Amplify topics via the Curate by UpContent platform.
Get even more from your curation efforts by leveraging our Sniply integration in addition to Hootsuite Amplify.
NOTE: Use of Curate by UpContent to send curated articles to Hootsuite Amplify can be accomplished within and outside the Hootsuite platform (including via your mobile device).
1. Authenticating Amplify within Curate by UpContent
To connect your Hootsuite Amplify account with Curate by UpContent, navigate to the Integrations menu found by:
- Clicking on the Curate by UpContent account name on the top right,
- Select "Integrations" from the dropdown,
- Scroll to the "Hootsuite Amplify" integration and click the "Connect" button,
- You will then have to authenticate the connection between Hootsuite Amplify and Curate by UpContent
Note: Hootsuite Amplify is a paid product from Hootsuite.
2. Connect a Curate by UpContent Collection to Hootsuite Amplify Topic(s)
Sending articles to Hootsuite Amplify is done by connecting one or more Curate by UpContent Collections to one or more Hootsuite Amplify topics.
Whether you are looking to associate Hootsuite Amplify with a new or existing Collection, you can do so via the "Power-Ups" tab of your Edit Collection menu.
You will then see an On/Off switch on the far right of the Amplify integration row. Turning this switch to the "On" position will reveal a drop-down with your Hootsuite Amplify topics populated. You can then select one or more Amplify topics you wish articles to appear in within Amplify once added to the Collection, and then click "Save Collection".
You will also have the ability to publish your articles directly to your advocates within Amplify so they can become immediately available to your advocates by simply selecting the "Publish to Advocates Immediately" checkbox. Once this is selected you can also give your Advocates the ability to edit the article's post as well.
Also, there is the ability to have only the Title text appear, the edited (user's) summary that was input into UpContent when the article was approved with the Title as a backup, and lastly, the user's summary with the publisher's provided article excerpt as a backup.
3. Curating Articles for Hootsuite Amplify
With the above one-time setup activities complete, you and your team can now enjoy the seamless integration between the two platforms.
Merely send any curated article to the Amplify-associated collection in order for it to immediately appear within the previously selected Hootsuite Amplify topics - following the rules you input.
This can be accomplished by:
- Clicking on the "+" icon presented on any of the article cards - you can select one or multiple at a time,
- Clicking on the green button on the top right to Send to Collections,
- Check the boxes of the Collections within which you'd like these articles to appear,
- Click the final green button at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
Note: You will only need to integrate Hootsuite Amplify once to your Curate by UpContent account. If you need to make any changes to the Amplify Topics, Publishing/Editing ability to advocates, etc. that will all be done within the Collection's "Power-ups" section.